Thanks to online auto insurance quotes, anyone with a computer can buy auto insurance. Because of the large number of insurers online – from the biggest companies in the country to smaller businesses claiming to offer great rates – you should be able to get a great deal on auto insurance strictly through an online search.
Get Online Auto Insurance Quotes from Many Companies
- Comparing quotes is the key. Just think about it: if someone gave you a $15,000 price to buy a certain car model, you’d have no real idea if that’s a good price or not. That’s because you’d have no other quotes for comparison purposes. But if you provide information to get quotes from 5 or more insurers, you’d feel safer concluding that the best price really is a good deal.
- Choose a variety of companies. Go with some large national insurers and mix in some other companies that offer the best prices on auto insurance. Be sure to provide identical information during the quote process to each of the companies. That way, you’ll know the companies were all relying on the same information to arrive at a bottom-line price.
- Provide information for inexpensive insurance. Offer information on liability coverage and deductibles during the quote process that should lead to fairly inexpensive insurance. But be sure that each of your online auto insurance quotes is based on precisely the same information. That’s important so that you will know that the lowest policy price really is the best deal, since all the companies offered identical policy quotes.
Check the Credentials for Insurers That Offer Online Auto Insurance Quotes
- Check for consumer complaints. Both the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Insurance in your state should have records on the number of complaints the insurance company has received. In addition, you may be able to get information on how well the company handles its complaints.
- Get a financial rating. It’s important to deal with an insurer that’s financially strong and unable to go under if there is a significant event that leads to lots of insurance claims. A.M. Best offers financial ratings on all insurance companies. Look for a rating of A+ or better.
- Get a consumer rating. J.D. Power conducts surveys of customers to offer ratings that differ slightly from industry to industry. For auto insurance find out how customers graded their overall satisfaction with the company, along with several other categories.
- Use Internet Searches. Because so many companies on the Internet are set up only to steal from unsuspecting consumers, a search before you get any online auto insurance quotes can be very helpful. Type in the name of the company you are considering and the word “scam.” If you get too many hits from people complaining about the company, consider another insurance company.